Pacific Coast Marlins Learn to Swim is a USA Swimming Foundation Make a Splash Partner
- We are a local 501(c)(3) non profit dedicated to teaching San Rafael, CA under-served youth to swim.
- Summer 2019 will be the eighth year of the program. In 2012, Isabella Salmi (Branson, Class of 2013) was awarded the Chase Fellowship from The Branson School to run the swim program for one summer. From these grassroots, the program has grown stronger and more vibrant each summer and is still run by high school students.
- Our instructors and lifeguards volunteer their time and each commit to teaching at least four weeks of our program.
- Our instructors are trained by Buffy Patterson, Head Coach of Pacific Coast Marlins Swim Team.
- Over 50 high school, middle school and college volunteer instructors and lifeguards from over 15 different local schools including: Branson, Marin Academy, Marin Catholic, University High School, Saint Ignatius, Redwood, Terra Linda, Drake, San Rafael, Tam, San Marin, Novato, Sacred Heart, San Domenico, Mill Valley Middle School, Mt Tam, Marin Country Day School and Mark Day School.