What We Do
- Each summer, we offer 6 weeks, 2x per week, of FREE small group lessons to over 150 children who attend the summer program at San Rafael City Schools.
- The children range from 5-9 years old and are from low-income, mostly Latino, underserved working families. We partner with Bay Area Community Resource(BACR) who runs the program in San Rafael schools and helps us identify the students for our lessons.
- Drowning is the second leading cause of death for children under 14.
- As high as 70% of African-American, 60% of Hispanic/Latino, and 42% of Caucasian children have little to no swimming ability.
- 10 people drown each day in the United States.
- Formal swim lessons reduce the likelihood of drowning by 88%.